Children's Camp 2020
Daily Schedule (Friday, August 7 through Friday, August 14)
Morning Classes: 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Afternoon Classes: 2:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
No afternoon classes Sunday or Tuesday
Registration is $1 per day or $5 for the entire week
Special Children's Camp Activities
Sunday, August 9
Children's Camp Campfire
A special campfire will be held for the children and their families immediately following the evening service. Bring your own hot dogs, marshmallows, and roasting sticks. An adult must accompany children under the 4th grade.
Wednesday, August 12
Children's/All Camp Variety Show
Our annual variety show is something you do not want to miss. It will be held in the tabernacle 30 minutes following the evening service. Everyone is invited to attend. Those who miss out will be disappointed!
Thursday, August 13
Pancakes, sausage, coffee, milk and juice will be served in the Children's Pavilion from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. To-Go options will be provided.
Proceeds go toward the Children's Building Fund.
Children's Camp Open House
From 3:00 to 3:15 p.m.
Friday, August 14
2:00 p.m. in the tabernacle
Please note that there will be special COVID-19 Safety Precautions in place for Children's Camp 2020
1. Children (and workers) will have their temperatures taken before attending class. Those with temperatures of 100.1º or higher will not be allowed to attend class that day, and must remain fever-free for 24 hours. (If your child spikes a fever during class, we will text you and request that you come and pick up your child.)
2. We will attempt to keep social distancing in the classrooms. The teachers may teach the lesson to half of the class, while the other half does their craft project. Then they will switch activities during the afternoon session.
3. Classes will be held outside whenever possible.
4. Students will be encouraged to bring and wear face masks for indoor and some outdoor activities. (According to Gov. Whitmer's Executive Order, it is required of all people over the age of 2.)
5. Students will encouraged to wash their hands before coming to class, and after using the bathroom.
6. Hand sanitizer will be available to use in each classroom.
7. Classroom seats and tables will be sanitized at the end of each class session.
8. We will text you to come and pick your child up if they have an accident (wet or mess their pants) during class. Teachers will not be changing diapers, pull-ups, or pants this year.
9. All evening (and Tuesday afternoon potluck) children's camp activities are cancelled this year. We will continue with the Pancake Breakfast on Thursday morning since it is served. Tables will be spread out for social distancing, or you may take your food back to your campsite.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping keep your children safe and encouraging a healthy learning environment!